The Zlín Film Festival ONLINE for the First Time! What Will It Be like?
Although nothing can replace the sharing of film experiences together in full cinema halls, this year we have decided to shorten the wait for the classic version of the festival with an online version called Zlín Film Festival – Part 1, which will not only provide a taste of the film and supporting programs for the 61st festival, but will also provide a look back at the best from last year's grand 60th anniversary, as well as a virtual walk through the festival zones. But there will be much more.
The Zlín Film Festival – Part 1 will take place from May 28 - June 1, 2021 and will be territorially limited only to audiences in the Czech Republic. An exception to this will be the part of the program intended for film professionals from around the world, which can be found in the section "Film Professionals"
Czech animated films can be watched by young foreign viewers in India, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, Turkey, Cuba, and Ukraine as part of a special project called "Check the Czechs".
Most of the program is completely free to watch; only selected titles and programs will be charged a symbolic amount of CZK61.
So what will the online Zlín Film Festival bring?
Through our web interface it will be possible to watch not only films, but also another online program related to the theme of this year's 61st Zlín Film Festival, "Literature in Film".
- film screenings of successful festival films from last year's 60th festival (some of them will be supplemented by accompanying methodological materials for teachers)
- a series of animated films for the youngest viewers – they can be watched in India, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, Turkey, Cuba, and Ukraine
- a selection of student films of various genres from the offering from the upcoming 61st ZFF with an introduction
- a program produced by Czech TV station ČT:D with a literary theme
- screenings of the best award-winning animated films from children and youth from all over the Czech Republic and Slovakia
TA ČR FILM AWARD
- a presentation of the winning projects of this year's TAČR Film Award
- exclusive interviews with celebrities festival guests
- film and creative workshops suitable for schoolchildren and others, set up as a diverse series of school lessons and meaningful leisure activities for parents with children (including worksheets)
TALKSHOW AND MASTERCLASSES
- Moderated live debates broadcast online with guests of the 61st ZFF from the festival studio. You can ask real-time questions to personalities via chat.
- Live online coverage of the EFCA awards ceremony, of the European Children's Film Association – in ENGLISH
- Seminars, a masterclass, and a talk show for film professionals – part of the program in ENGLISH
- Recording of a concert talk show with Ondřej Gregor Brzobohatý and Filip Teller
- Recording of a concert talk show with Pavel Šporcle and Filip Teller
- A concert by the band Spolektiv, winner of the 59th ZFF's Competition of Bands
- Virtual tour for them and all other fans of the Zlín Film Festival of the individual festival zones – zones that are full of unexpected surprises and entertainment
If the situation permits, during the "Zlín Film Festival – Part 1" we are also planning directly in Zlín:
- Virtual Gallery (on the main square Náměstí Míru)
- Exhibition of the 24th Clapperboard Salon (Zlaté Jablko shopping centre)
- Exhibition of drawings done by children and young people with visual impairments from the International art competition "Joy of Creation" (Zlaté Jablko shopping centre)
We have been continuously updating and supplementing the program of the spring part of the Zlín Film Festival. Therefore, follow us on the web and social networks. So that you do not miss anything from the festival, subscribe to the newsletter in English here.
- 17. 9. 2021
Results and jury statements
- 16. 9. 2021
Interview with the Int’l Expert Jury for the Children’s Category – “Sneakers are better than high heels”
- 16. 9. 2021
Interview with the ECFA Jury - “Underestimated and overpriced”
- 16. 9. 2021
Interview with the Int’l Expert Jury for Short Animations – “A remarkable amount of badgers”
- 15. 9. 2021
The Golden Slipper goes to Ondřej Vetchý. Congratulation!