Child in Crisis 2015
Child in Crisis The Labyrinth of a Child's World...
The Child in Crisis seminar is part of the Education for All Children project, which was started in 1999. It's become a traditional part of the ZLÍN FILM FESTIVAL's supporting program and in 2015 its XVII anniversary will take place with the working title The Labyrinth of a Child's World...
Child in Crisis is a two-day-seminar with international participation and the opportunity for wide discussions by foreign and Czech experts in the fields of education, healthcare, justice, the police, social, preventive care and follow-up care. It will take place within Zlín's Interhotel Moskva during the 55th ZLÍN FILM FESTIVAL and International Children's Day. The seminar will start on June 1, 2015 at 12:30 p.m..
The intention of this year's event is to take a look at the labyrinth of the child's world in the wider context of the work Labyrinth of the World and Paradise of the Heart written by John Amos Comenius (Czech: Jan Amos Komenský), which was the largest written Czech work of the 17th century. In his own words: "We all stand on the stage of the great world and whatever takes place here, concerns us all."
The primary aim of the seminar is:
- to raise awareness and expand the competency of educators in the area of child protection
- to share experience with regard to protecting the family and children with an emphasis on current issues
- to discuss and analyze the situation in this area in the Czech Republic with regard to interdisciplinary co-operation
- to get acquainted with current opportunities for cooperation in this area at the regional level and at the national scale
- to enable meetings with leading experts from the Czech Republic, the Slovak Republic, and possibly other countries, and present possibilities for interdisciplinary co-operation on an international scale
- to offer teachers and other professionals the chance at dealing with child and family protection in practice
- to develop practical skills while dealing with model situations in the field
- to present and address current issues that relate to children
- to present participants study and methodological materials
The seminar is being prepared by the KALOKAGATHIE company (an educational institution) in cooperation with the FILMFEST company and with many other partners, including state and local authorities, endowment funds and private companies.
The project will be held under the auspices of
Ing. Zdeňka Škromacha, Vice-President of the Senate of the Parliament of the Czech Republic, Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, Czech Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs; Mgr. Tomáš Zatloukal, Chief School Inspector of the Czech School Inspectorate; Prof. Ing. Petr Sáha, CSc., university rector ot Tomas Bata University in Zlín; MVDr. Stanislav Mišák, Governor of the Zlín Region; Mgr. Markéta Pášmová, program director of ZLÍN FILM FESTIVAL; and Doc. MgA. Petr Koliha, executive director of ČT :D.
You can find photos from last year's Child in Crisis seminar called The World of Children Under a Lens... on the web site of ZLÍN FILM FESTIVAL.