The Cinema-train is a traditional part of ZLÍN FILM FESTIVAL's supporting program, which is organized each year in cooperation with the companies Czech Railways and ČD Cargo. This year the Cinema-train will set off on its twelfth journey and will cross the entire country screening fairy tales for children. The project regularly enjoys an enormous amount of interest from the media, including Czech TV, which is the main media partner of this event.
Three Cars of Entertainment
Projection Car – a railway car whose interior has been converted into a screening hall where fairy-tales are screened. Screenings are 12 times per day and free of charge.
The Toy Car – a car that has been converted into a play room where the kids can entertain themselves while waiting for screenings.
Historical Car – This car is educational in intent and lets children look at the history of railways and the cities in which we live.
Statistics from last year's Cinema-train
- the eleventh year welcomed over 5,000 children
- the Cinema-train's journey lasted 14 days
- we visited a total of 12 cities across total Czech Republic (Jičín, Vrchlabí, Trutnov, Broumov, Náchod, Hradec Králové, Rychnov nad Kněžnou, Letohrad, Olomouc, Přerov,Otrokovice, Zlín)
- twelve children's films were screened for visitors daily
- for the first time in history the Cinema-train crossed the border and it went to Poland (Walbrzych station)
The project aims to bring this non-traditional experience as well as children to smaller towns where there is frequently a lack of cultural recreation and to present them with some of our famous film productions.
The 12th year? Bigger in all directions!
- It heads out on May 13, 2015
- the plan is to go to 17 towns throughout the Czech Republic – nearly double the amount as last year
- another new item is that we will show films over the weekend as well so that no one misses out
- we'll also have an entertaining weekend program for the whole family
The route for 2015 is as follows:
May 14 Znojmo
May 18 Mariánské Lázně
May 19 Cheb
May 20 Most
May 21 Česká Lípa
May 22 - 24 Děčín
May 25 Nymburk hl. n.
May 26 Pardubice hl. n.
May 28 Otrokovice
May 29 Zlín (start of ZFF 55. ZLÍN FILM FESTIVAL 2015)
May 30 Valašské Meziříčí
May 31 Horní Lideč
June 1 Vsetín
June 2 Kroměříž
June 3 Uherské Hradiště
June 4 Zlín (end of ZFF 55. ZLÍN FILM FESTIVAL 2015)
The Cinema-train will arrive in Zlín on May 29 and start showing films at the Zlín-střed train station. In the days following this the Cinema-train will serve as a mobile invitation to the ZLÍN FILM FESTIVAL and through it visitors will be able to get a taste of the festival.
The Cinema-train program:
- film screenings start at 9 a.m.
- screenings are done in 30-mintute intervals
- arriving kindergartens/schools will go through the Historical Car with its exhibition and exposition on the history of railways and the city
- afterwards children wait for screenings in the Toy Car and while away the time with fun games
- upon entering the Cinema-train itself, a fairy-tale will be shown according to a program or by request - approx. 30 min. long
- every child will recieve a small gift when leaving the screening car
- the last screenings starts at 3:00 p.m.